Collaboration is a term that seems to be talked about left, right and centre at the moment so what is all the fuss about?
The action of working with someone to produce or create something.
So the definition above is just one of many you will find online for the term ‘collaboration’ but the main message that comes across in all of them is ‘working together’…something we reckon is vital in business nowadays. At Snow HQ just about every project we work on involves one collaboration on another…even this blog was created by us collaborating with Fergus at Wee Epics!
- To help stimulate new ideas.
- Increase benefits by combining expertise and efforts.
- It gives a higher level of commitment to succeed.
- It helps to get things done quicker.
- It might make the project more financially viable.
- It will allow you to develop further personally.
- To help engage new audiences.
- To help to build your network.
- To make projects more fun and enjoyable.
- To accomplish what cannot be done alone.
Collaboration of course requires high levels of trust, commitment for all parties involved, similar end goals and strong communication skills. It is likely to take you out of your comfort zone to get the most out of it but thats not a bad thing.
Here are some of our favourite collaboration quotes to inspire and motivate:
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
“No one person, no one alliance, no one nation, no one of us is as smart as us all thinking together.” – James Stavridis
“The secret is to gang up on the problem, rather than each other.” – Thomas Stallkamp
At Snow we have got some exciting collaboration projects coming up in the very near future so watch this space!