We have visited some pretty amazing beaches in some pretty amazing places all around the world but still keep on coming back to Dores Beach time and time again and never get bored of it! It’s one of those places that you kick yourself every time you forget to take the camera and even though it’s only a 10 minute drive from Inverness you really do feel like you are in another world. Magical, peaceful, tranquil, surreal are all words that come to mind when you think of Dores Beach and you just never know what amazing sights are going to greet you each time you visit…
Reasons we love Dores Beach…
- The views are to die for, no matter what the season or weather.
- It’s on the shores of Loch Ness and has its own monster, need we say any more?
- It’s super peaceful and very relaxing. Great place to go and just think.
- It’s home to the #epic Dores Inn great pub, great food, great staff and of course…great view!
- It’s a pretty cool place for a swim, well according to Beau; can’t say the ice cold temperatures have ever tempted me!
All in all we really do believe that Dores Beach IS the best beach ever…it might not have white sands or tropical waters but it is right on our doorstep and has all of the above and more going for it!
So if you haven’t visited Dores Beach before then what you waiting for??